PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Beginners' Lounge > Hack Ideas

Notices

Hack Ideas Have a new idea for a hack and want to share? Feel free to in here!

User Tag List

Old 29th October 2012, 03:56 AM   #1
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot
Default [Idea]Mahko: Curse of the Space Pirates[Need Criticism]

So I got this idea after watching some Sci-fi Anime called Mahoromatic, Detective Conan, Castlevania and Castle in the Sky. Basically, you're a cadet named Mahko on a Spaceship called Martello. Anyway, the ship is on its way to a planet called Rupia, named after it's queen Rupee. The delivery: A rare jewel called The Dark Crystal. Knowing this, security is heavy. However, the ship being a luxury cruise ship is full of rich civilians, and is susceptible to what they fear most: Pirates. Now, while most of the security guards have firearms, a few have special powers called Summoning, in which they can call forth monsters they have befriended. Mahko is one of these special guards.

You start off with the Summoning called "Phoenix/Fenice," A noble bird that can spout flames and burn its enemies to a crisp. These summonings gain levels and grow, and become close to their owners. You can capture more of the summonings by using "Gravine Nets," which is just a glorified Pok?ball. The nets have different grades, etc.

The Ship is on its way to its destination, and pirates have come to plunder the ship. They have taken over most of the ship. Your duty is to stop all the pirates and save as many civilians as possible. The ship is big, and you, being a new recruit, don't know it's layout well. You will have to find your way through the maze-like ship and defeat the Pirate King that has taken over the Martello.

Hack of: Pokémon Gold (U)
Author: Squall

Features:
-A unique idea for a Pokémon Hack
-More of a serious RPG theme
-50 Monsters for you to catch and raise (Possibly More)
-Custom Sprites
-Game will be translated into several languages (English, Italian, Romanji Japanese, and eventually Vietnamese)

Characters:

Mahko Kuroyama
Info: A prodigy in the Space Cadets, Mahko is a young man who surpasses many of his superiors because of his ability to befriend monsters. His parents were kidnapped by Pirates long ago, and he does not know if they are still alive.

Akane Chiba
Info: A fellow Space Cadet, Akane is a pink-haired airhead who excels at physical combat but lacks in the brains department. She tends to be pretty damn cute, though.

Ryuu Tanaka
Info: Mahko's childhood friend. They joined the ranks together, and he can also summon monsters.

Hisoka Kanemaru
Info: Cadet Commander. Son of a rich and corrupt politician, he did not work very hard for his rank. He tends to be arrogant and unfair to his inferiors.

Mei Watanabe
Info: Daughter of Kurozen Watanabe the Pirate King, she is a nimble little thief who is a nuisance to Mahko several times throughout the game. She isn't exactly on good terms with her dad, but she has her reasons.

Kurozen Watanabe
Info: Pirate King of The Litora. He is ruthless and greedy, and does not mind breaking the law to get what he wants. He is ironically an overbearing parent to his daughter Mei, and as a result she resents him often.

Q/A:

Q: They can breath in space?
A: Yes. This is fiction, after all.

Q: How many monsters?
A: Fifty. Not including evolutions.

Q: Monsters Evolve?
A: Not necessarily, they just grow older, and gain a new name. (e.g Phoenix -> Phoenix II)

Q: Japanese names?
A: Yes, I wanted this to feel like a true JRPG.

Q: What do you mean by "Custom Graphics?"
A: New tiles, and possibly new overworlds.

Q: Why hack Gold?
A: Why not? It'll be fun to show what I can do with a Pokémon game. Plus I'd like to burn it to a cartridge someday :)

If you'd like to help out feel free to ask here. I will update this thread later.
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 31st October 2012, 08:51 PM   #2
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Phoenix in its chick form. It's meant to look awkward as if it were getting used to walking.
Old 2nd November 2012, 06:56 PM   #3
Naruto200
Neophyte

Location: sleeping hapily inside every :) you see on the internet.
Naruto200 is on a distinguished road

It sounds like a game I played on the turbographix 16 virtual console on wii once.
Although it'd sound fun either way :P
I'd help but I dunno much about scripting and stuff.

I'm just getting started on my own side story hack for fire-red.
(I could help with beta testing atm but that's about it...)
Naruto200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 12:54 AM   #4
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

This is still on my project list, though it's not in the right section.
Old 9th August 2013, 07:28 AM   #5
droomph
握りモンスター
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

droomph

Spoiler:
黒山マーコ
千葉アカネ
田中リュウ
金丸ヒソカ
渡辺メイ
渡辺クロゼン
Instead of having to bear a horrible Romaji Japanese (ngl I hate romaji) translation how about I help when you're ready?

Tags
criticism, curse, ideamahko, piratesneed, space, [GB/GBC]