PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Hacking Suite > Hack Showcase

Notices

Hack Showcase The spotlight of some of our favourite hacks. Consider this our Seal of Quality™.

User Tag List

Old 17th April 2014, 02:45 AM   #141
Luna
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Luna Luna Luna Luna Luna

Bumping my thread a little to say I've been working on this a bit tonight after sort of slacking the last few days.

Updates:

1. Updated the berries to have their current names, instead of the "PSNCUREBERRY" type names that people love to make fun of.

2. Rescripted a few things in New Bark Town, so that they aren't exactly the same as original Gold like they were in the last version. I mean sure, it's a starting town, so it is still similar. But things are a little different before you leave home. You might want to check the PC before you leave too.

3. Fixed a bug with the Coin Case that was present in original Gold. Simple fix, just put the proper ending byte on the Coin Case's text string.

4. Worked on generic scripting for NPCs, and fixed a bug that I found in a script (but since it is an event that wasn't in the last version, you guys never saw this bug )

5. Added the Physical/Special split. I know I mentioned this on PC, but I managed to forget to post that here. All moves will have their official designation, and the custom move Flame Ball will be a "Special" attack.

6. Fixed a problem that was keeping me from letting you battle whichever player you didn't choose in the intro. So now that that's fixed, I'll be including battles with either Coordinator Mei or PkMn Breeder Hiro (instead of just making them show up at times as an NPC that talks to you and does stuff).

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 23rd April 2014, 05:10 PM   #142
Xanathos
Beginner

Xanathos

The best Johto hack remake ever made, even better than liquid crystal, yet I enjoyed.

Keep up Mateo! You really succeed to keep Johto's spirit in that game which many hackers failed in their own hacks despite the fact that their game were good to play.
Xanathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Luna liked this post
Old 24th April 2014, 01:27 PM   #143
MikaruMenoko
Ice Fairy

MikaruMenoko

I actually like that snowy tileset, and guess what, Ice is one of my favourite Pokémon type.
Keep up the good work, I'd really like to play this one =)
Old 1st May 2014, 04:25 AM   #144
Luna
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Luna Luna Luna Luna Luna

@MikaruMenoko - Thanks! Glad you're a fan of the hack and the tilesets, I put a lot of effort into them. Hope you enjoy the hack once it is ready.

-------------------

I just realized that I posted a lot of new screenshots on PC the other day, but I forgot to post them here. So here are several new screenshots of some different areas in this hack:

Likes MetalKnick liked this post
Old 1st May 2014, 07:57 AM   #145
sky_queen3

sky_queen3

Woo, Snorlax. XD ... why am I so happy to see Snorlax anyway? Awesome new screenshots, is that second one what I think it is?

sky_queen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 12:51 PM   #146
Luna
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Luna Luna Luna Luna Luna

The first and second pics are the Global Terminal in Goldenrod, if that's what you were thinking Also not sure why you're excited about Snorlax either, but nothing wrong with it lol

Old 1st May 2014, 01:32 PM   #147
sky_queen3

sky_queen3

Yeah, the one from that island in FR/LG. For some reason I must've thought Snorlax was one of the Pokemon that got removed before. :/

sky_queen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 10:08 PM   #148
Luna
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Luna Luna Luna Luna Luna

Yep, I used the same graphics as the one in the Sevii Islands from FR/LG. I was pretty happy with how it came out

And nope, Snorlax is still here. He isn't in Vermillion City though (and you will be able to wake him up correctly. The old version had a bug that you had to be standing in a particular spot for it to work, but in this version you can talk to him from anywhere and it will wake him up so long as you are playing the pokeflute station).

Old 2nd May 2014, 02:29 PM   #149
Miksy91
Gotta fill something here.

Miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
Yep, I used the same graphics as the one in the Sevii Islands from FR/LG. I was pretty happy with how it came out

And nope, Snorlax is still here. He isn't in Vermillion City though (and you will be able to wake him up correctly. The old version had a bug that you had to be standing in a particular spot for it to work, but in this version you can talk to him from anywhere and it will wake him up so long as you are playing the pokeflute station).
Never thought about it before myself either, but after reading what you had put up about Snorlax here, you can make it function properly from any side by putting normal signposts events on top of it.

don't know if you just did that or is this new snorlax only approachable from the right but yeah...

Interesting screenshots though. No idea where the last two are from
Old 2nd May 2014, 08:02 PM   #150
Luna
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Luna Luna Luna Luna Luna

No the problem before came from the stupid checks gamefreak had in the specoal command. In order for it to return true, you had to be playing the pokeflute song AND be standing on hardcoded x and y values. I replaced that by just checking for the pokeflute station to be playing and ignoring the x and y values since you kinda have to be standing next to him in order to talj to him. No signpost events are necessary.

Tags
2014, christmas, johto, legacy, pokemon, released, version, [GB/GBC], [Gen II]