PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Discussion Board > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Feel like chilling and talking about random stuff? General Discussion is the place for you!

Old 26th January 2014, 03:04 AM   #301
Luna
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Luna Luna Luna Luna Luna

Don't mind me, just hacking Pokémon in The Sims.
Spoiler:

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Team Fail, Elsa liked this post
Sponsored Links
Old 26th January 2014, 05:58 AM   #302
Team Fail
Balance and Ruin
Ex-StaffStyle AdminstratorPHO VIP

Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
Don't mind me, just hacking Pokémon in The Sims.
Spoiler:
Let's hope your computer doesn't brick itself!

Thank you for your time, PHO. I won't soon forget it.
Team Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2014, 09:18 AM   #303
Luna
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Luna Luna Luna Luna Luna

Mine in real life, or hers? Because they're both working fine last time I checked

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2014, 06:59 PM   #304
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

So my first hentai dvd ever came in the mail today...and there was no sex. I am very sad...
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Alex liked this post
Old 26th January 2014, 09:06 PM   #305
Alex
srs fkn bsns btch

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia Carrot View Post
So my first hentai dvd ever came in the mail today...and there was no sex. I am very sad...
Then it would be non-h, no?

I'm working on a script editor in C, and it's going to have an assload of features. Pretty much everything that was anything from XSE, PKSV, and PokéScript, but also with version-specific movement aliases, a "standard" C-style command syntax with backwards compatibility for compiling both PKSV and XSE scripts, preprocessor support (including #if and #ifndef statements), and ARM7 assembly compiling.

My only obstacle is time. I should be getting that soon, though. :P

I'm aware that if I want to be loved by you guys I'm gonna have to include GB(C) script support.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Pia Carrot liked this post
Old 26th January 2014, 10:09 PM   #306
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Then it would be non-h, no?
Aside from a baby sucking on boobs and its penis being played with, pretty much pure ecchi.

Quote:
I'm aware that if I want to be loved by you guys I'm gonna have to include GB(C) script support.
Yus, make our lives easier please
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2014, 10:36 PM   #307
Miksy91
Gotta fill something here.

Miksy91

Quote:
Hmmm... well, pksv is a pretty good script editor for GSC hacking as it is, and there is no scripting engine for RBY, so making a "script editor" for them is naturally not possible.

Also, Koolboyman was planning to release a scripting utility for G/S hacking of his own that would be better than pksv, but I'm not sure if he has the will to get it in shape to be released. He probably will, but I don't know...

Anyway, having a better tool than pksv wouldn't hurt since pksv's code for Gold and Silver has a couple of small errors such as "if <" matching "if >" statement and the other way around, "fruittree" code loading additional script data that is not executed in the game (since fruittree code has a build-in return command), and one of the phone call commands loading less bytes than it should.
Beside those small errors, having a script editor of which script codes would have been renamed better to match up with the original names, Tauwasser came up with in 2004-05, would be nice (so like, instead of having "2writetext", have the code named as "displaytext2b" or something similar).

(Display text: http://hax.iimarck.us/files/scriptin...ng.htm#Marke4C)

So if "porting it over" is no big deal, go for it. I personally don't see anything wrong about pksv either so that I would necessarily have to switch over to using any other tool though.

Edit:
If you want ideas for the tool, I guess it could as well have a list of store items so that you could refer to their names instead of straight hex codes, and have a built-in pointer calculator there and such.
Old 26th January 2014, 11:25 PM   #308
Alex
srs fkn bsns btch

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miksy91 View Post
Hmmm... well, pksv is a pretty good script editor for GSC hacking as it is, and there is no scripting engine for RBY, so making a "script editor" for them is naturally not possible.

Also, Koolboyman was planning to release a scripting utility for G/S hacking of his own that would be better than pksv, but I'm not sure if he has the will to get it in shape to be released. He probably will, but I don't know...

Anyway, having a better tool than pksv wouldn't hurt since pksv's code for Gold and Silver has a couple of small errors such as "if <" matching "if >" statement and the other way around, "fruittree" code loading additional script data that is not executed in the game (since fruittree code has a build-in return command), and one of the phone call commands loading less bytes than it should.
Beside those small errors, having a script editor of which script codes would have been renamed better to match up with the original names, Tauwasser came up with in 2004-05, would be nice (so like, instead of having "2writetext", have the code named as "displaytext2b" or something similar).

(Display text: http://hax.iimarck.us/files/scriptin...ng.htm#Marke4C)

So if "porting it over" is no big deal, go for it. I personally don't see anything wrong about pksv either so that I would necessarily have to switch over to using any other tool though.

Edit:
If you want ideas for the tool, I guess it could as well have a list of store items so that you could refer to their names instead of straight hex codes, and have a built-in pointer calculator there and such.
I find it heartbreaking that the source for PKSV's backend compiler is a horrid hardcoded mess. At least it has #define support, right? :_:

One of the things I noticed as a flaw with PKSV was that the vast majority of (actually all) STD defines are hard coded into the binary; and it doesn't have header support, requiring you to tack on things such as custom-named items/attacks/etc physically in every script, which—let's face it—is a huge pain.

The bone I have to pick with XSE is syntax highlighting. Pretty much everything else HackMew did without a flaw (like extended offset compiling, headers/templates, etc)… at least in the hard-to-find 1.1.1 version. Someone should upload that to a safe place for public download, no?
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 04:02 AM   #309
Full Metal ★
Unstable?
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

Full Metal ★ Full Metal ★

Quote:
I find it heartbreaking that the source for PKSV's backend compiler is a horrid hardcoded mess. At least it has #define support, right? :_:

One of the things I noticed as a flaw with PKSV was that the vast majority of (actually all) STD defines are hard coded into the binary; and it doesn't have header support, requiring you to tack on things such as custom-named items/attacks/etc physically in every script, which—let's face it—is a huge pain.

The bone I have to pick with XSE is syntax highlighting. Pretty much everything else HackMew did without a flaw (like extended offset compiling, headers/templates, etc)… at least in the hard-to-find 1.1.1 version. Someone should upload that to a safe place for public download, no?
Someone should, but lo the @Gamer2020 will slay you like the scum you are!

*edit*

Spoiler:

A little proof of concept on my ROM hacking framework.

look at how little code I wrote to do that [52 lines]

**edit**

for a meager 11 additional lines ( and a few bug fixes ) I greatly improved the functionality of the program. I guess I could also do a recursive thing based on the connections, but I don't feel like looking at the output of that haha am i rite

second version

★ full metal.

#busy

Last edited by Full Metal ★; 27th January 2014 at 11:39 PM.
Full Metal ★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 04:16 AM   #310
Team Fail
Balance and Ruin
Ex-StaffStyle AdminstratorPHO VIP

Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail

I love that it took me all but 2 minutes to find XSE 1.11.

http://filetrip.net/gba-downloads/to...111-f9559.html

Thank you for your time, PHO. I won't soon forget it.
Team Fail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broke, carrot, chat, chit, conceal, daily, edition, fail, feel, game, girls, majora, moon, named, omfg, people, pia, prayed, reindeer, sailor, snow, starter, stop, team, web