PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Hacking Suite > Hack Showcase

Notices

Hack Showcase The spotlight of some of our favourite hacks. Consider this our Seal of Quality™.

User Tag List

Old 24th June 2014, 05:43 AM   #31
anaphysik
Wahahahahawntah~!

anaphysik

Hm, does this have the move name indexing errors that the original VietCrystal does? I wonder if that was a problem in the untranslated ROM, or if the translators borked it up somehow.

What I mean:
>Poison Sting has no name.
>Bite, which is indexed after Poison Sting but before Roar/Sing (the next move with no name, unfortunately I do not know which), is called "Stare" - what would be Leer's name, as Leer is one move before Bite.
>Growl, which is the next move after Bite, is called "Bite."
And it only gets worse later.

Frex, this caused endless confusion and humour in the DeliciousCinnamon LP. As a fan, I ended up going through all their episodes and compiling an index of the..., well, the index. (I also did the mons and the items, but mons have no index errors (only weird names, a few of which are very interesting) and the item indexing is less complete and the errors are less understood).

For anyone curious:
Attached Files
File Type: zip anaphysik VietCrystal TransComp.zip (51.7 KB, 15 views)
anaphysik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 24th June 2014, 09:37 PM   #32
Team Fail
Balance and Ruin
Ex-StaffStyle AdminstratorPHO VIP

Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich666 View Post
I oddly DO have a physical cartridge of it though, just I don't have any techy knowledge of how to make my own ROM from it, and nor is this me asking anyone to tell me how to do it, just to note :P

Any idea if it's worth anything? I got it from a house clearance my brother went to, the plastic itself is purple and sparkly, the words ingraved into the plastic read 'GAME COLOR' (instead of Gameboy Color), and has the name 'Pokemon Special Pikachu Edition Crystal Version' on the label, and a picture of some Pokemon that I have no idea about (cause I kind of lost interest went they started to go over 151) :P It looks kind of green, white and purple though.
It's not worth a whole ton, I paid $20 for it on eBay (Although I never did receive it, with a bunch of shipping issues and whatnot, and the 60-day case thing passed on me...). I'd really like to actually get a physical copy in my own hands though if I can ever find it again.

Thank you for your time, PHO. I won't soon forget it.
Team Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 09:54 PM   #33
Rich666

Rich666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
It's not worth a whole ton, I paid $20 for it on eBay (Although I never did receive it, with a bunch of shipping issues and whatnot, and the 60-day case thing passed on me...). I'd really like to actually get a physical copy in my own hands though if I can ever find it again.
I would list my copy on eBay but the do-gooders always ban auctions like that, I'm assuming because they don't have anything better to do with their time. I would also list my weird version of silver too but I doubt I would get much for it at all.
Oh and I live in the UK so assuming you live in the US, yeah postage is always there but some people DO overcharge for overseas postage sadly.
Rich666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 10:05 PM   #34
Team Fail
Balance and Ruin

Quote:
I would list my copy on eBay but the do-gooders always ban auctions like that, I'm assuming because they don't have anything better to do with their time. I would also list my weird version of silver too but I doubt I would get much for it at all.
Oh and I live in the UK so assuming you live in the US, yeah postage is always there but some people DO overcharge for overseas postage sadly.
Yeah, it was like, $4 for shipping to Canada. But you're right, eBay TOS would have it removed. I had to talk to the seller and get him to list it without any images or proof that it was a bootleg in order to be able to purchase it.

But you know how that went.

Old 27th June 2014, 08:19 AM   #35
Rich666

Rich666

Yeah see that's the thing, if I listed it without giving details on it then it would either not get any attention/bids at all, or be bought by someone who thinks it's the 'real' version then get all arsey about it after it arrives.
Any other ideas?

Sorry to derail the thread somewhat, but it is still about the game I guess
Old 27th June 2014, 05:24 PM   #36
Team Fail
Balance and Ruin

Quote:
Yeah see that's the thing, if I listed it without giving details on it then it would either not get any attention/bids at all, or be bought by someone who thinks it's the 'real' version then get all arsey about it after it arrives.
Any other ideas?

Sorry to derail the thread somewhat, but it is still about the game I guess
Yeah, he just set it up as a BIN and sent me a link to it. It did work out in the end. I guess ignorance is bliss.

Old 27th June 2014, 05:30 PM   #37
Rich666

Rich666

Yeah true, I've been screwed out of money online too so I know that feeling

Is there anywhere on the board I can offer it up for sale without being kicked off, or is that a no-no altogether?
Old 27th June 2014, 05:36 PM   #38
Team Fail
Balance and Ruin

Quote:
Yeah true, I've been screwed out of money online too so I know that feeling

Is there anywhere on the board I can offer it up for sale without being kicked off, or is that a no-no altogether?
We usually don't allow people to sell things, although they can choose to do it via PM on their own regards. I've done that myself here a few times with someone in obtaining some GBA bootlegs.

Old 27th June 2014, 05:40 PM   #39
Rich666

Rich666

What about putting it in my sig? Though I guess I don't really know a hell of a lot about hacking or whatever so I have no idea how much my posts would even be spread around :P I just wish I could let people know about it so people would have a chance to ask me about it before I possibly sell it to someone you know? Ah well

Oh and I appreciate you answering my questions and stuff! Most of the boards I seek out for a question I either get banned for joining (what?) or just ignored, so it's nice being here
Old 28th June 2014, 02:05 AM   #40
Team Fail
Balance and Ruin

Quote:
What about putting it in my sig? Though I guess I don't really know a hell of a lot about hacking or whatever so I have no idea how much my posts would even be spread around :P I just wish I could let people know about it so people would have a chance to ask me about it before I possibly sell it to someone you know? Ah well

Oh and I appreciate you answering my questions and stuff! Most of the boards I seek out for a question I either get banned for joining (what?) or just ignored, so it's nice being here
I'd buy it from you if I weren't so poor lol. Heading to College really sucks :/

Tags
crystal, pokemon, vietnamese, [GB/GBC], [Gen II]