PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > Guides & Documentation

Guides & Documentation Learn how to make your own Pokémon game through the process of ROM Hacking, or help out the community by sharing your information.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14th June 2014, 08:03 AM   #14
3dd13
Remixer/DS Music Hacker

3dd13

quite unsure if this is the best location, but has anyone figured out SDSME thurroughly? while b2 may not be the best base, i did note major flaws for a beginner. Warping is typically go to map **** location **x** where **** is map id, and **x** is coordinates. the first flaw is that using twinleaf town as an example, if you look at the warp exiting the players house, it warps to a logical location in twinleaf town. however the warp for the players house is something like 875x125 which due to the grid design is highly illogical and i cannot figure it out. the next problem is other events, such as scripts and signposts which also have that issue. the next problem i see is the models. if you look at a model, it has x/y coordinates for location on a map, followed by other numbers. once again, there is little documentation to help one figure out how to effectively use this tool. if i understood mapping in the first place, i would rewrite it for a more user friendly structure. but even so, it is highly illogical and for once, i cannot understand it even after weeks of trying to. If i cannot figure out at minimum how to place my warps and locations, i cannot make my hack. i havent even seen spiky around, nor has his alleged next release poped up which supposedly fixes a lot of things.
3dd13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
documents, request, thread, tutorials, [Document]