PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Hacking Suite > Archived Hacks

Notices

Archived Hacks Any In Development hacks that have had no activity in at least 1.5 years are here. If a hack of yours is in here and you'd like it restored, PM a member of the Mod team.

User Tag List

Old 6th July 2010, 01:41 PM   #11
Satoshi Sugimori

Satoshi Sugimori is on a distinguished road

This looks like a great hack But I don't like the palettes, and the placement of all the grass in the first route.
Best of Luck with the hack!
Old 14th July 2010, 10:40 PM   #12
SSJ4 Furanki
Neophyte

SSJ4 Furanki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoshi Sugimori View Post
This looks like a great hack But I don't like the palettes, and the placement of all the grass in the first route.
Best of Luck with the hack!
I've changed all the grass that was too tall. So, it's all the same style. But, I'm going to leave the grass where it is, despite crappy placement.

I've also changed the first post screenshots to be a little more current.

Expect a new update soon.
Old 14th July 2010, 10:55 PM   #13
Fireworks
Beginner

Fireworks is on a distinguished road

ok, there are some things that really are an eyesore.
1/ the overworld and backsprite. They are obviously just Brendan having a bad hair day.
2/ the tiles and palettes. The trees look glitchy, the houses don't fit in with that palette, and the secret base trees are no longer secret base trees, when that's the only thing they are suited for.
3/ The Pokemon Centre. Do I really need to explain?
4/ Light. His sprite looks fat and like he's about to fall over.
5/ Team Death. The left arm of the sprite looks really skinny.
6/ Earth. I mean really, it's Cyrus with different hair.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's just my opinion.
Old 14th July 2010, 11:06 PM   #14
Ayato
Neophyte

Ayato is on a distinguished road

..... don't know where to start but if I end it I'll sound like a 4 chan...... >>

uh... okay don't USE ENERALD! I don't want you to be angry because it's dead, emerald crashes, you can still animate in fr and the sprites it's a little weird, I like the scripts but the tiles and graphics are uh, oh gosh, this sounds messed up. okay that's all
Old 14th July 2010, 11:10 PM   #15
Fireworks
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aye View Post
..... don't know where to start but if I end it I'll sound like a 4 chan...... >>

uh... okay don't USE ENERALD! I don't want you to be angry because it's dead, emerald crashes, you can still animate in fr and the sprites it's a little weird, I like the scripts but the tiles and graphics are uh, oh gosh, this sounds messed up. okay that's all
Emerald has never crashed for me except the time where it turned out I had a corrupted rom. It just has sound corruption, in my experience Fire Red is the rom that's unstable.
Old 14th July 2010, 11:14 PM   #16
SSJ4 Furanki
Neophyte

SSJ4 Furanki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygon View Post
ok, there are some things that really are an eyesore.
1/ the overworld and backsprite. They are obviously just Brendan having a bad hair day.
2/ the tiles and palettes. The trees look glitchy, the houses don't fit in with that palette, and the secret base trees are no longer secret base trees, when that's the only thing they are suited for.
3/ The Pokemon Centre. Do I really need to explain?
4/ Light. His sprite looks fat and like he's about to fall over.
5/ Team Death. The left arm of the sprite looks really skinny.
6/ Earth. I mean really, it's Cyrus with different hair.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's just my opinion.
1. Fair enough, the hero has gotten the most complaints. I'll redesign (him) them eventually.

2. Wait, how do the trees look glitchy? Won't argue with the houses, I can edit that, so no big deal there. Yeah; but, secret bases have no use in this hack, not Hoenn anymore. Even people that do put it on a flash cart won't care enough to mix records to go through that.

3. I really want to change the Pokémon Center, but every time I try to it's never symmetrical and becomes (looks) glitchy.

4. Light is based off the Gentleman and Ace Trainer sprites from HG/SS. So, I may have made him too wide on accident.

5. Good catch, I didn't even notice. I can easily fix that.

6. Yeah, you're right. But, he's not supposed to be that much of an original design.

But, yes. Thank you for the criticism, since it's well, actual criticism, not just "OMG SO AWESOME" or "WOW DIS SUCKS DUR HUR".

I used to care about how nice it looks, but after seeing the things other hacks have achieved both Gameplay and Graphic wise, I can't compete.
Old 14th July 2010, 11:22 PM   #17
Fireworks
Beginner

the symmetrical thing is what I mean about the trees, it looks like a different tree on each side, and although the secret bases aren't gonna be included, that's what those trees where made for, so it's also all they look good for. also there's a palette drror at the pool where the grass is.
Old 14th July 2010, 11:26 PM   #18
SSJ4 Furanki
Neophyte

SSJ4 Furanki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygon View Post
the symmetrical thing is what I mean about the trees, it looks like a different tree on each side, and although the secret bases aren't gonna be included, that's what those trees where made for, so it's also all they look good for. also there's a palette drror at the pool where the grass is.
Oh, that makes sense now. Yeah, you're right. But, I've still stop caring how good the tiles look, since something always goes wrong when I try to edit them. Really, I wanna give up; but, I can't I promised I won't. So, I only work on this when I feel it. So, this will take a long time to complete. But, I'll still get it complete.

I know that probably sounds dumb, but I'm kinda agitated with it. Hence the sometimes update and the lack of giving a crap.

---------------------------------------------

A small update, but still one. Plus a little Easter Egg and a reference to Zorroark's ability:

The Shiny Man, there will be multiple in the game. I'm using the Safari Zone as a test. It worked.

An example of the Shiny Man working. Most of the Pokémon in the Safari Zone will differ, this is for example purposes only.

Just a little easter egg, the overworld comes from Buu's Fury. Plus, since I can't implement Zorroark's Illusion I at least referenced it. This is in Aura Cave where, Riolu, Lucario, Zorroa and Zorroark are catchable.

An example of the names being lower cased. I've changed the Romanizations for Zoroa and Zoroark to the the extra "o". I've also altered "Raikou" in to "Raikoh" so there's no confusion with the pronunciation.

Since I've been putting off the hack, I'm about to go and change some text to correct it. Change some events, change the tiles. So, hopefully expect a beta version.
Old 31st July 2010, 07:03 AM   #19
SSJ4 Furanki
Neophyte

SSJ4 Furanki

I've started adding even more Isshu Pokémon. I've added Wargle, Koromori and Kibago. There'll be more; but, these are the ones I've added in since the previous update.

I've also gone and re-did the Pok? Balls. All of them are fully working except the Ultra Ball; that's only a Pallete problem.

Old 31st July 2010, 10:10 AM   #20
zZJoennZz
desudesudesudeathdesu

zZJoennZz

cool! Awesome hack! I swear!!!

...mehehehe

Tags
darkcopper, GBA:, pok?mon, pokemon, pokmon, [GBA]