PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Hacking Suite > Archived Hacks

Notices

Archived Hacks Any In Development hacks that have had no activity in at least 1.5 years are here. If a hack of yours is in here and you'd like it restored, PM a member of the Mod team.

User Tag List

Old 8th July 2013, 10:10 PM   #1
locksmitharmy
Junior Trainer

locksmitharmy
Default Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version

Pokemon - UltraViolet Version is a hack of the GameBoy Advance game Pokemon - FireRed Version. This new game has been altered in many ways to make the game more enjoyable, but it still has the same general design and story as the original Nintendo release.

Among many other improvements, I have made it so that 1 player with 1 gamesave can play through the entire game and actually catch all of the Pokemon from the first 3 generations

Right off the bat, when you begin to play you will notice the new title screen. I have not messed with the intro any as I tried to keep this game as close to the original as I could, like a 3rd title to the Fire Red, Leaf Green generation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d56ne7IjnW0

Along with the intro you may (or may not) notice that the stock names chosen for you (if you press start with no name typed) have been augmented to reflect the game title, you will not find FIRE or RED as a name anymore, but ULTRA and VIOLET... also the rival names have been altered to match a fictitious rival game (based on blue version).

Also, as you are getting your first Pokemon you may or may not notice an option to Catch your First Pokemon. If you talk to Professor Oak without choosing any of his 3 Pokemon, he realizes you do not want his hand me downs, and offers to let you catch your first Pokemon by your self. He will take you to one of his facilities and let you throw your fill of Safari Balls at some rare Pokemon until one is finally your Partner. Be sure to catch a good one, you will never be able to go back to that area again. If you choose this option, while you are gone, your impatient Rival picks Charmander as his partner.

Spoiler:

All pokemon from Fire Red and Leaf Green, that are catchable, will be residing in the area that they were obtainable in the regular version of the game. For example; on route 24 in Fire Red you can find Oddish, but in Leaf Green you will find Bellsprout... in Ultra Violet, you can find BOTH Oddish and Bellsprout.

There are 2 instances where you are given a choice between 2 Pokemon. In Mt. Moon you choose between Kabuto and Omanyte (by picking a fossil) and in Saffron you pick either Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan after defeating the Karate Master.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhsytWE0NOU

In Ultra Violet you are allowed to take BOTH Fossils and BOTH fighting Pokemon. This makes it so there is not random location with these rare Pokemon residing. It would be silly to find extinct Pokemon chilling out on Route 14 wouldn't it.

The 3 starter Pokemon are scattered throughout the land. They are rare and in logical locations. Prof. Oak was a real traveler back in his youth.

Pokemon that you need to trade to evolve have been modified so they evolve in some other way now. You don't need to trade to do anything. Even Pokemon above 151 that would require you to trade with an item now evolve without trading, either by stone or level or some other logical manner.

That includes Eevee and her night/day evolutions. Fire Red has no clock, so Umbreon and Espeon were impossible to get... now they are not. (no I did not add a clock)

All these, along with Mew being added in an undisclosed location, that covers all of the first generation and nearly all of the second

For the few remaining Gen 2 Pokemon that you could not originally aquire in Fire Red or Leaf Green, I added them all in the Sevii Islands. All the ones (plus some) that belonged in Altering Cave are there, and all the rest are hidden throughout the islands in logical locations.

Getting Hooh and Lugia and Dioxis is now possible without going to a Nintendo event. You get to travel to the last 2 islands and catch them as if you had attended the event, you simply buy the ticket at the store and take the boat as normal.

The final Pokemon that need to be added, for gen 2, are the 3 mystical dogs; Raikou, Entei, and Suicune.

In Fire Red or Leaf Green, one dog is released based on your choice of Pokemon at the beginning of the game. That dog is then released into the wilderness of Kanto and you must find him and catch him...

What about the other 2?

You cannot get them in Fire Red or Leaf Green without trading. I had to implement new locations with new events that allowed players to catch the other 2 dogs. the correct 2 dogs.

So if you look hard enough in Kanto you might just find the 2 dogs that are not roaming around chilling by the road or perhaps in a cave somewhere.

Based on which starting Pokemon you chose, you may find any of the 3 in either location.

Charmander has Suicune roaming Kanto, Raikou in location 1 and Entei in location 2.

Bulbasaur has Entei roaming Kanto, Suicune in location 1 and Raikou in location 2.

Squirtle has Raikou roaming Kanto, Entei in location 1 and Suicune in location 2.
Spoiler:

There has been some store and text modifications to match the new layout of Pokemon and new events. For example, Fire Red and Leaf Green have no sun stones... you cannot evolve Sunkern without a sun stone. So now sun stones are available in the Pokemart.

Adding all the Gen 3 Pokemon was simple, I just added a new island with them all hiding on it... to get there talk to the girl in the southernmost house in Vermilion City. It is a trainerless island with many legendary Pokemon hiding around. Many parts of the island are blocked off until you have reached certain spots in the main game. try coming back once you have the PokeFlute or the move Earthquake.

The 1.22 release has a built in skip for the game reset after beating the Elite 4... this allows players using emulators that cannot utilize the in game saving function to access the post game content...

EDIT: I have images, and videos... but I was unable to post links at this time (probably something to do with my post count or something) I will update with some graphics when I have been around longer.

Last edited by Team Fail; 5th September 2014 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Removing attachments - GBA file
Sponsored Links
Old 12th August 2013, 02:13 PM   #2
Lucra

Lucra

hey, i'm just about to start playing, before that i'd like to know how far the game is ATM.
And if you're confident in finishing it, the option to CATCH you own pokemon is REALLY great in my opinion.
I hope I'll be enjoying the hack for how far it's ready.
Good luck
Old 12th August 2013, 02:15 PM   #3
locksmitharmy
Junior Trainer

locksmitharmy

the games done man... it was finished before I posted this thread...
Old 12th August 2013, 02:17 PM   #4
Lucra

Lucra

Great, than I'll have some fun playing it.

Edit: I have a dratini as a starter, which legendary dog is released by dratini? :$

Just killed a shiny ratata, b/c I didn't have any pokeballs.
Dratini is really weak in the beginning of the game, only wrap till lv. 15 I think.

Edit: Nevermind caught another shiny ratata (lv 2) after and a shiny pidget (lv 3)
I'm not even using cheats, so 1. I just became the luckiest guy
2. I crashed the game b/c I already have 70+ encounter in de first 5 minute's..
Have to train dratini otherwise it can't compete..
Old 12th August 2013, 03:40 PM   #5
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

Please edit your post from now on instead of double posting. It keeps the forum more organized and looks nicer. Thanks!
Old 12th August 2013, 06:41 PM   #6
Lucra

Lucra

Sorry, will edit next time.

Maybe this is a glitch, but at the 3th gym, you can go to 4-point island, but there you are already able to catch lv 45 rayquaza, maybe but like rocks for it so you at least need rock smash. :$
(Throw 99 pokeballs/masterball hack)

Last edited by Lucra; 12th August 2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12th August 2013, 06:54 PM   #7
locksmitharmy
Junior Trainer

locksmitharmy

no, you SHOULD be able to catch rayquaza as soon as you get cut... (you can get to 4 points before cut... but you cant do much)

and a lv45 fight is very hard that early... but not impossible... Id wait if I were you...

there is a glitch, if you lose on 4 points isle it freezes the game... cause there is no respawn point... so DONT lose (or save often)
Old 12th August 2013, 07:53 PM   #8
Lucra

Lucra

Okay, I'll wait till If got some ultra balls and some stronger pokemon.
But still that question, I have dratini as a starter, so which legendary dog is freed?

Edit: Is Kingdra aviable?

Last edited by Lucra; 12th August 2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12th August 2013, 09:43 PM   #9
locksmitharmy
Junior Trainer

locksmitharmy

if you choose to catch your own, your rival chooses charmander...
if you choose bulbasaur, your rival chooses charmander...

the game thinks you chose bulbasaur... all instances where the game thinks about your starter, it thinks bulbasaur...
Old 13th August 2013, 07:41 PM   #10
Lucra

Lucra

Okay so Entei it is.

I'm at the sevii island at the moments, do you know what lvl's the 8th gym leader has perhaps?
my pokes are around 42 - 45 but I believe giovanni has to lv 50 right?

Tags
pokemon, ultra, version, violet, [GBA]