PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Hacking Suite > Hack Showcase

Notices

Hack Showcase The spotlight of some of our favourite hacks. Consider this our Seal of Quality™.

User Tag List

Old 14th October 2013, 06:08 PM   #11
Diegoisawesome
Oh god the bees
Ex-Staff

Diegoisawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
Cool, thanks for adding me. I misread the credits at first- I guess "Project Platinum" and the "And Magnius" line above it somehow ran together and I read "Project Acanthite" so I assumed I was already somewhat credited. It was late when I downloaded it. lol.

Anyway, gonna check out this new intro and bag update you posted. Sounds nice.

Also, I found a possible bug in Violet City. Is there supposed to be a random survey that comes up when you talk to a headbutt tree near that building?
I fixed that bug just now and uploaded a mini-update. It includes your name in the credits! Download it from the same link as before.
Diegoisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Luna liked this post
Sponsored Links
Old 14th October 2013, 06:53 PM   #12
Luna
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Luna Luna Luna Luna Luna

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
I fixed that bug just now and uploaded a mini-update. It includes your name in the credits! Download it from the same link as before.
Thanks! Also, I notice that you're using my Celebi Shrine too (same one that Liquid Crystal uses). Haven't seen what you listed for my credit so I guess just "some tiles" or something would be most accurate. I tried to open the rom up in Advance Map to see if I noticed any other tiles to mention after we talked about New Bark. It didn't seem to render them correctly in Advance Map, so I just decided not to go that route and that I would just make a note of them if I came to any others.

Anyway, still looking good and feeling accurate. I'm enjoying this hack a lot. Keep up the good work mate.

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2013, 09:15 PM   #13
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

Quote:
(Well, some of it pops up here and there because it got included in that mega tile sheet). But nice to see them in a hack that gets a lot of attention..
Worst part is I was like 11 years old when I came across that tilesheet. Jesus christ you really are old.
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2013, 10:30 PM   #14
Luna
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Luna Luna Luna Luna Luna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia Carrot View Post
Worst part is I was like 11 years old when I came across that tilesheet. Jesus christ you really are old.
I made them back in... '05 or '06, so like my sophomore or junior year of highschool. But yeah, I guess I am getting old especially for the Pokemon hacking community. I'll be 25 in March, so I guess I am getting old compared to some of you guys. I know Cartmic and Koolboyman are around my age (although slightly older since they are already 25) but we're the exception. But I'lll try to keep from dragging this off-topic.

---------------------------------

Also, diegoisawesome: since I notice that the other towns use houses that are 4 tiles wide, but New Bark uses 5 tile wide houses because of the weird way that I made the houses (I wasn't exactly paying attention to how the 8x8 tiles would go since I made them for RPGMaker instead of a rom) I would be willing to rework them a bit to let you make them fit the narrower style the other towns use if you want. Honestly, several other buildings of mine that I made back then could benefit from some reworking because of the same reason I'm sure. Just let me know if you want me to do that for you.

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013, 04:51 AM   #15
Diegoisawesome
Oh god the bees
Ex-Staff

Diegoisawesome

Quote:
Thanks! Also, I notice that you're using my Celebi Shrine too (same one that Liquid Crystal uses). Haven't seen what you listed for my credit so I guess just "some tiles" or something would be most accurate. I tried to open the rom up in Advance Map to see if I noticed any other tiles to mention after we talked about New Bark. It didn't seem to render them correctly in Advance Map, so I just decided not to go that route and that I would just make a note of them if I came to any others.

Anyway, still looking good and feeling accurate. I'm enjoying this hack a lot. Keep up the good work mate.
The Advance-Map stuff is because I changed the amount of tiles in the primary tileset. You can fix it, but I don't remember how ATM.
Quote:
Also, diegoisawesome: since I notice that the other towns use houses that are 4 tiles wide, but New Bark uses 5 tile wide houses because of the weird way that I made the houses (I wasn't exactly paying attention to how the 8x8 tiles would go since I made them for RPGMaker instead of a rom) I would be willing to rework them a bit to let you make them fit the narrower style the other towns use if you want. Honestly, several other buildings of mine that I made back then could benefit from some reworking because of the same reason I'm sure. Just let me know if you want me to do that for you.
No thanks, I've had the houses that width for a while, even before your tiles. It just works, what with the lab being the width that it is. Thanks for the offer though.

A NEW New Bark Town - 10/27/2013

Today's update gives New Bark Town an amazing new theme, thanks to tonti:

Along with this, a few bugs were fixed:
  • The intro sequence works fine after saving with the GB Player enabled.
  • Other minor fixes I can't remember right now, but they're there!
As always, download from the same link in the first post.
Likes Rizon, Luna liked this post
Old 18th November 2013, 05:22 AM   #16
Diegoisawesome
Oh god the bees
Ex-Staff

Diegoisawesome

New update today!

Bags 'n Bugs - 11/17/2013

Pretty small update today:
  • The bags have gotten a new coat of paint, especially the female bag (which was broken in the bag update).
  • Various bugs have been fixed from reports by various people.
As always, the download link's in the first post!

Last edited by Diegoisawesome; 3rd May 2014 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Fixed screenshots
Old 7th December 2013, 01:55 AM   #17
TheRadishBros
Small-Time PokeTuber

TheRadishBros

How did I not know this existed before? :0 It looks so good- I'm going to be using this mod for a new Wedlocke challenge series on Youtube; only a small channel, so it won't be huge publicity, but I hope that it can get a few more to play it for themselves. Keep up the good work!
TheRadishBros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 12:25 AM   #18
Diegoisawesome
Oh god the bees
Ex-Staff

Diegoisawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRadishBros View Post
How did I not know this existed before? :0 It looks so good- I'm going to be using this mod for a new Wedlocke challenge series on Youtube; only a small channel, so it won't be huge publicity, but I hope that it can get a few more to play it for themselves. Keep up the good work!
Thanks man! Enjoying the 'Locke so far!

And now, for something I've been working on for at least three weeks:
Ruins of Alph Update - 12/16/2013

Yeah, you read that right. The old and buggy Ruins of Alph puzzles from the first beta of CrystalDust are back, and this time, they don't break everything when used.

On top of that, the braille on the walls of the chambers has finally been replaced with proper Unown text like they were supposed to be this whole time!

Also, here's some more cool new stuff!
  • The title screen now uses a better font! Thanks to FredrIQ for finding it for me.
  • The trees around Johto are now the trees provided by Chaos Rush! (screenshots will be updated soon)
  • Kris has a new sprite, obtained by MrAPT1!
Some small bugs were also fixed with this update:
  • Using the Escape Rope inside of the first cavern shows the proper earthquake animation upon reentering.
  • A tile error at the Lake of Rage was fixed.
  • Other miscellaneous things.
As usual, the link's in the first post!

Last edited by Diegoisawesome; 3rd May 2014 at 05:03 AM.
Old 27th December 2013, 12:46 AM   #19
MatosDS

MatosDS

The best hack based on the second generation! Already have the system in which Pokemon appears only at night? Because it always seems to be the same.
MatosDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2014, 03:34 AM   #20
facelockmo

facelockmo
Default Night Pokemon?

I just downloaded this hack and this is very awesome and stable. The only thing I encountered so far is that, I never encountered a Hoothoot in the first route after New Bark Town(I was playing at night). I just wondered why? Is this a bug?
facelockmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beta, crystaldust, emerald, hack, pokemon, released, [GBA], [Gen III]