PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Beginners' Lounge > Hack Ideas

Notices

Hack Ideas Have a new idea for a hack and want to share? Feel free to in here!

User Tag List

Old 9th July 2018, 06:21 AM   #1
Goldenpho

Goldenpho
Default Golden Sun translation

I discovered this Japanese hack that's a Gold remake and I'm interested in it. Simply, it's an accurate remake of the GS games and it's been nice playing it. Since Vega was translated/ported to English, I was wondering if there are others who would like to see the same done with Golden Sun as well.

If I can use the Japanese rom and simply just text edit it into English, it'd be as easy as just a copy/paste of Gold's text. If not, I'll likely need to get some experienced people to help me with a possible port to BPRE.

While I like the game so far, there's only two things I'd like to change, graphics wise:

-Some of the sprites for Pokemon look really bad or meh. Since I can do sprites, I figured I could just port the good ones, or just do newer sprites based on the older ones to make them feel newer. The starter ones namely look static versus the HGSS iterations.

-Reworking Kris' battle sprite and few other trainer sprites. The eyes look iffy on the former while some trainer sprites look kind of bad like the monks for instance.

Other features?

-Once the core porting is done, I want to adjust the trainer and gym leader's mon levels to be more challenging if not more on par with HGSS.

-BW Repel system.
-Decapitalization.

-If plausible, get someone to help animate a revamp of GS's opening for insertion. This is the absolute last priority as it's aesthetics. Even redoing the sprites isn't as high of a priority as just simply creating a stable port.
-Maybe make it 386 if it's not already?
Goldenpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
golden, sun, translation