PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Discussion Board > Archive

Notices

Archive Old threads that serve no purpose are here.

Old 13th March 2011, 01:29 AM   #1
link491
Neophyte

link491 is on a distinguished road
Default link491's DS rombase

ok so recently, i made a rombase using tiles from kyledove (rips), green charizard and many more. it is coming together to look great now and i want to share it with all of you so here is:
link491's DS ROM Base!
(insert crowd cheering sound effect here)
Patch for Fire Red:
Current version: 1.2

now before anything, read this:
credit goes to:

Newtiteuf, Kyledove, Speed - HG/SS mountain tiles
Green Charizard - D/P tile rips (trees, sign, grass)

(this will be updated as i add more tiles)

Terms of use:

-If anyone uses this tile set, they must give credit to the people who ripped or made these tiles. you may give me credit for making the patch but it is NOT mandatory.

-you cannot claim ownership for this patch! it was made by me and the tiles are owned by the people who ripped/made them!

-feel free to make modifications to the patch but you still must give credit were it is due.

-please, don't send me any messages saying things like "i stole someone elses work" or anything similar.

Screens: (again, these will be updated as i add more tiles)

Downloads:

UPDATE: there are now 2 versions of the base: the one with bright grass (d/p pallet) and one with darker grass (more similar to the fire red grass pallet) and a new version (darkened the grass pallet just a little

Light grass: 1.2http://www.mediafire.com/?2tdj3odd34osh46
(v1.2 just has a few pallet changes to the viridian forest tiles and a fev other minor fixes)

Darker Grass (NOTE: i will not be updating this version): 1.0http://www.mediafire.com/?amgcy6ensv98ex8
Sponsored Links
Old 13th March 2011, 04:53 AM   #2
~Leach//.
Junior Trainer

~Leach//.
Arrow

Wow, this looks great!! Could I use this Rombase for my hack, and add/replace other tiles with custom ones??

---

Just asking though.. Thanks!

EDIT:

Yeah, please disregard the message posted above since I posted that before reading the Terms of Use. >.<

What are the differences between the patches, and why will you not update the darker pallete one? I think it's pretty cool.

~Major credit to kaitoKid(from SH.)

~Credits to JayPub
Old 13th March 2011, 08:22 AM   #3
zZJoennZz
desudesudesudeathdesu

zZJoennZz

Nice rom base, but the grass is too bright and hurting by eyes, I think darken the palette a bit.

...mehehehe
Old 13th March 2011, 01:16 PM   #4
link491
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by +vfx.zZJoennZz View Post
Nice rom base, but the grass is too bright and hurting by eyes, I think darken the palette a bit.
ok i made a version that has a grass pallet closer to fire red just for you. AND i made a new version (your right it was a little bright so i darkened it just a tad) thanks for the asdvice

Quote:
Originally Posted by +xX[ Leachim_paloyz15
Xx]Wow, this looks great!! Could I use this Rombase for my hack, and add/replace other tiles with custom ones??

---

Just asking though.. Thanks!
yes i dont mind if you use the base as long as you follow the terms of use.
Old 13th March 2011, 02:21 PM   #5
~Leach//.
Junior Trainer

~Leach//.

Can you post the screenshot of the Lighter pallete? So that the people won't just guess on how does it look like. What's the difference between 1.0 and 1.1? I know 1.1 has more progress but why post the previous one? I'm not trying to be a judge, I'm just a curious boy with many questions.

~Major credit to kaitoKid(from SH.)

~Credits to JayPub
Old 13th March 2011, 05:39 PM   #6
link491
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX[ Leachim_paloyz15 ]Xx View Post
Can you post the screenshot of the Lighter pallete? So that the people won't just guess on how does it look like. What's the difference between 1.0 and 1.1? I know 1.1 has more progress but why post the previous one? I'm not trying to be a judge, I'm just a curious boy with many questions.
the screen is updated that is the lighter one. the darker one is the same just with the fire red pallet for grass. not trees. thats pretty much the only difference with v1 and v1.1 :P
Old 13th March 2011, 06:42 PM   #7
Full Metal ★
Unstable?
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

Full Metal ★ Full Metal ★

What msstyle are you using? I absolutely adore it!
ANYWAYS...
Looking good, looking good. I would of course reccomend expanding it further, but looking good so far.

★ full metal.

#busy
Old 14th March 2011, 01:13 AM   #8
link491
Neophyte

thanks for the support. i will eventually expand it when i find some nice tiles (for v2 you can expect more mountain tiles, like the mt. moon ones, changed, some new signs, maby a new house, if i have time, a nicer pokemon center and much more!)
Old 16th October 2012, 01:19 PM   #9
link491
Neophyte

this is my old post from i dont know how long ago. the updated version can be found here
http://community.pokemonhackersonlin...read.php?t=126

Tags
link491, rombase