PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Beginners' Lounge > Hack Ideas

Notices

Hack Ideas Have a new idea for a hack and want to share? Feel free to in here!

User Tag List

Old 13th October 2014, 11:24 PM   #1
soulryu
Pirate Trainer

soulryu
Default Pokemon Sea Silver

Pokemon Sea Silver
(Name subject to change)

Hack Name: Pokemon Sea Silver
Base of hack: Pokemon Fire Red
Language: English

Intro: Hi ^^ My name is Soulryu! I have been ROM hacking since i was 10 years old and it became a hobby for me. I've been toying with many of the hacking tools and looked up tutorials to try and create my own hack but every time I try, I end up quitting but get better each time i start over again. this time i'm creating another G/S/C remake with no other purpose but to be as accurate to the original game and artistically different to other GBA remakes.

Story:
Spoiler:
Acorroding to Blubapedia: The player begins their journey from New Bark Town, running an errand for Professor Elm to Mr. Pokémon's house to discover what he was so excited about. Elm supplies the player with one of three Pokémon, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, or Totodile, for this errand. After Mr. Pokémon's discovery turns out to be an Egg, the player returns to New Bark, only to find that a suspicious red-haired boy seen lurking outside of Elm's lab earlier has stolen one of Elm's Pokémon— the one that the player's choice is weak to, coincidentally. Upon defeating him and returning to New Bark, the player gives the name of the boy (the player can choose any name, provided it fits under the seven-character limit; his name defaults to SilverG or GoldS) to a police officer who has come to investigate the incident. Elm is amazed by the Egg and insists on studying it, allowing the player to keep the Pokémon they traveled with as a starter Pokémon. From here, he encourages the player to journey across Johto and challenge the eight Gym Leaders, Falkner, Bugsy, Whitney, Morty, Chuck, Jasmine, Pryce, and Clair, and eventually the Pokémon League (though this is a long way off). With the first Gym in nearby Violet City, the player heads off on their adventure.

Planned Features:
-Day/Night
-Custom Sprites for trainers/Pokemon based of artwork
-Lapras surfing Sprite
-WesleyFG tiles only
-HG/SS Quest/Extra
-Animation
-And more to come

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Work Log:
Spoiler:
-Added tiles and mapped New bark town
-Mapped Route 29
-Added Kris trainer and OW sprite
-Two Pokemon sprites added
-Cherrygrove City added

Bugs:
(To be updated)

FAQ:
(To be updated later)

Help Wanted:
-A good Spriter
-Scripter
-Tilescreen editor
-Banner Maker
(If anything else just P.M me if you want to help)

Team Members:
Soulryu - Mapper,Tile and Sprite Inserter

Credit:
WeselyFG - Tiles
Rebellioustroll - Kris Trainer/OW Sprite
Chaos Rush - Pokemon Sprite

Download:
(To be updated)

Last edited by soulryu; 18th October 2014 at 06:51 PM.
soulryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Nex liked this post
Sponsored Links
Old 14th October 2014, 12:55 AM   #2
Zoe Ayamoto
Only Love Me...or Die

Zoe Ayamoto

Good idea, but try to put an original idea to make a little bit different this project to other remakes like CrystalDust or Liquid Crystal.

If you need some help only contact me via PM.
------
(Espańol)
Buena idea, pero creo que todavía hay que trabajar para darle un toque mas personal y que sea diferente a los hacks del montón.

Si necesitas ayuda en algo (Desde insertar algun tile hasta conseguirte algo de ASM) puedo ayudarte en lo que querras
Old 14th October 2014, 01:13 AM   #3
soulryu
Pirate Trainer

soulryu

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~G0LD! View Post
Good idea, but try to put an original idea to make a little bit different this project to other remakes like CrystalDust or Liquid Crystal.

If you need some help only contact me via PM.
------
(Espańol)
Buena idea, pero creo que todavía hay que trabajar para darle un toque mas personal y que sea diferente a los hacks del montón.

Si necesitas ayuda en algo (Desde insertar algun tile hasta conseguirte algo de ASM) puedo ayudarte en lo que querras

i'll will try to add some originality in some places where i can but i will try
to keep it close to the Pokemon silver. i will however add some stories in the end after defeating the 16 gym leaders that will be based off the anime or manga.
gracias por ofrecer tu ayuda , probablemente te voy a contactar a vos para asm cuando lo necesito, si quieres ayudar
Old 18th October 2014, 06:58 PM   #4
soulryu
Pirate Trainer

soulryu

just finished Cherrygrove City but with no script or the indoor maps
not final product
Spoiler:
Old 18th October 2014, 09:32 PM   #5
Zoe Ayamoto
Only Love Me...or Die

Zoe Ayamoto

Looks good, the Wesley Style is good, I think you can make better maps, try to not make the same geomtric and annoying map, for example New Bark Town, try to give more naturallity.
-------
Me gusta como se ve, el.estilo de WesleyFG es agradable, pero creo que podes hacer mejores mapeados, trata de no hacer mapas exactamente iguales ya que los que Gamefreak hace son cuadrados y poco naturales, no te pido que hagas otro, simplemente haz uno que no sea identicamente igual al original.

Offtopic1: żDonde conseguiste ese sprite de Kris? yo hice uno igual para mi antiguo hack GBC y no logro revampearlo.

Offtopic: Te repito, si necesitas ayuda con scripts aqui estoy para ayudarte
Old 18th October 2014, 10:00 PM   #6
CrystalMarina
Best in Johto

CrystalMarina

I always love to see new Johto hacks. Looking forward to seeing more from this

Tags
pokemon, sea, silver, [GBA]